Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Could have been a doctor........

I remember once hearing Iron Mike say that, if he had focused on it, he could have been a doctor. There could be a lot of discussion around Iron Mike and what could have been - but a doctor, I think, would have been a bit out of his range of achievements. Who am I to talk?? Someone that has recently been humbled. With about 20+ years in IT - managing teams - projects - etc. - I began to think that I could do a lot of things, putting a simple marketing presentation together being one of them. Well to my surprise, what I put together was more like a IT presentation, focusing on the typical presentation hot points of why us, look what we've accomplished and hear what we can do......but at the end of the day it was an IT focused presentation for a marketing group. It took about 30 minutes of a real marketing person's time to put a real marketing presentation together - one that made me say WOW!

This above all else: To thine own self be true.
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.

William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment