Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dr. StrangeFramework or how I learned to stop worrying and love the layers

Part 6 – Wrapping up
I did not cover all the layers (not even thinking about down to the linux kernel) and did not go greatly in depth into any one of them…I just wanted to provide an overview of the layers I encountered/put-in-place in the development of a prototype that may someday become the next open source project management tool. My overall feeling is that frameworks FORCE you to code in a standard way providing FREEDOM/FLEXIBILITY to focus on the product being delivered and those corners of the code where 80% of the complexity is (which sometimes needs to be handled outside of the various framework/layers). I w as happily surprised overall with my ability to decouple and with the reduced coding required to accomplish what it is I desired to do…

No comments:

Post a Comment