Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Leave your comfort zone


Comfortable with Windows? Thinking about Vista? Trying to forget about all the issues with prior Windows versions? How about Linux - or more specifically Ubuntu? I currently use Windows XP at work, Apple OS and Ubuntu at home - and I have to say Ubuntu/Linux is REALLY impressive. Comes with OpenOffice a complete MS Office replacement and many other applications (including MindMapping, which you would need to install on your own - FreeMind). Just wanted to post this (I think I mentioned it prior) because a new version has been released recently and it's receiving fantastic reviews.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I recently converted from SuSE to Ubuntu as my Linux distro of choice. I was and still am impressed with the ease of use to install new packages and to configure many of them.

    K<o>
    Busy, supporting non technical users of OpenOffice

    ReplyDelete